- Cut 4 pieces of leather 7" in length for a 7 1/2" bracelet. The clasp will add about an 1 1/8".
- Carefully add a drop of glue to one end of the leather cut above and insert it into one end of the clasp, holding it for a few seconds until the glue sets.
- Repeat the above step for the other 3 pieces of leather.
- Slide the first of the bars on to the first 3 strands of leather, rounding the ends of the cut end if needed to thread it through..
- Slide the second bar on starting with the second strand and so on, alternating the placement with the remaining two bars.
- Lay the piece out on a ruler to check length, keeping the clasp together.
- Due to the nature of the clasp, you may want to allow a bit of extra room in the length to maneuver the clasp.
- Cut the leather to desired length, noting that 1/8" will go into the clasp.
- Carefully glue the leather ends into the other side of the clasp as before.
- You may also want to glue the spacer bars in place, I added a drop of glue on one spot and slid the finding over it, repeating for the other bars.
Tools and Materials Needed:
Licorice Brand Antique Silver Buckle Style Clasp, 13x29mm- 1pc
TierraCast Antique Silver Nugget 3-Strand Spacer Bar, 18mm- 4pc
2mm Round Leather Cord, Moroccan Red- 28"
Zap-A-Gap Quick Drying Adhesive, .5 oz