Awareness Ribbon Earrings
I found the pattern for these earrings in a newsletter I subscribe to and thought I would give them a try. I used different tools, which makes them much easier to make. You can change the bead color to support your cause! .
Karla Schafer, Auntie’s Beads Designer
1. Cut 2 pieces of wire 2” in length and use your fingers to loop each of them so that they resemble a ribbon with one end slightly longer than the other.
2. Place them on an anvil or smooth surface and strike them with a hammer until they are flat, thus fusing the cross wire together.
3. Drop a round crystal on a head pin and wrap a small loop.
4. On the longer tail using the round nose pliers, bend a small loop back and place the drop on it and close.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 for the other ribbon.
6. To complete the pair, place the ribbons on ear wires at the loop.
Materials and Tools Needed:
Artistic Silver Plate Wire Spool, 18 gauge, Non-Tarnish Silver- 4”
Swarovski Crystal, 8mm Round Faceted, Rose- 2pc
Sterling Silver Earwire with 2 mm Ball, Bag of 10- 1pr
2 Inch Silver Head Pins, 22 Gauge, Bag of 10- 2pc
Memory Wire Shears
Round Nose Pliers
Miniature Horn Anvil (or any smooth, hard surface)