Autumn Blooms Bracelet
The resin pendant was the assigned focal piece for this project and every thought I had was so obvious: onyx, pearls, leather. Then I wandered the aisles of the warehouse and saw this beautiful lampwork strand. I just love the result; this bracelet is edgy and modern but with a very classic feel.
Shanna Steele, Auntie's Beads Designer
1. Cut a piece of beading wire measuring about 4 inches in length. String (7) 3mm silver beads, a crimp bead, and another 3mm silver bead. Run the beading wire through the hole in the pendant so that the end with the crimp bead is closest to the back of the pendant. Run the wire through several sterling silver beads to make a loop. Run the other end of the wire through the 3mm round, the crimp bead, and a few nearby beads. Use your chain nose pliers to crimp. Cover the crimp bead with a crimp cover (if using). Cut excess wire.
2. Cut a piece of beading wire measuring about 10 inches. String a crimp bead, 5mm round, 6mm crystal, and a 6mm round. Run your wire through half of the toggle then back down through the beads just strung. Use your chain nose pliers to crimp. Cover the crimp bead with a crimp cover (if using).
3. String 5 lampwork beads, a silver 6mm round, 3 more lampwork beads.
4. String your bail and pendant. This is the center of the bracelet.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 2 to mirror the work done on the first side of the bracelet.
Materials and Tools Needed:
Resin Oval Pendant, Black with Ivory Flower, 18 x 31mm (1 piece)
Lampwork Rondelle Strand, Black with Yellow and Tan, 8 x 12mm (16 pieces)
Swarovski Crystal, 6mm Round Faceted, Jet (2 pieces)
Sterling Silver Seamless Bead, 6mm, Bag of 25 (4 pieces)
Sterling Silver Seamless Beads, 5mm, Bag of 10 (2 pieces)
Sterling Silver Seamless Beads, 3mm, Bag of 25 (8 pieces)
Crimp Beads, Bag of 50, 2 x 2mm (3 pieces)
Silver Plate Disc Toggle, 3.5 x 15mm (1 set)
Sterling Silver Open Bead Crimp Cover, 3.2 mm, Bag of 10 (3 pieces) - optional
Beadalon 49-strand Wire, 30 ft., .018 (about 14 inches)
Chain Nose Pliers