- View the Peyote Stitch Instructional Video for a how to on peyote stitch.
- Cut a 1yd piece of Fireline or longer, what ever you are comfortable working with, you may need to tie in.
- String on a stop bead. To string a stop bead, pick up a bead and pass needle and thread through the bead in the same direction so that the thread wraps around the bead.
- Pick up 20 seed beads and let them slide down the thread to the stop bead.
- Pick up one seed bead; skip the last bead strung and pass through the next bead, going back towards the stop bead.
- Continue to pick up one bead, skip a bead, and pass through the next bead until you reach the end of the row.
- Continue to pick up beads and pass through the beads that are jutting out from the previous row. You will be filling in the gaps with beads as you stitch.
- To turn at the end of each row, simply pick up a bead and pass through the bead you just stitched into place. You may have to hold on to your working thread to keep your tension so as not to allow the work to loosen up.
- Follow the pattern for the color changes, using an index card to help mark your rows.
- As mentioned if you need to add thread , be sure to secure your working thread by working it back through the stitches, half hitch knotting a couple of times. Add the thread in the same manner careful to end up where you stopped.
- Re-enforce the last two rows by tracing the thread back through a couple of times, to strength the ends as we will be adding a jump ring in between the stitches. Do the same for the beginning edge.
- Open a jump ring and gently push it in between the gaps about two beads in second row, see picture, repeat for the other side.
Cut the chain according to length you desire, sample is 18" so I cut two 9" pieces and attached an end to each jump ring.
Add a trigger clasp and another jump ring to the other ends using the 6mm jump rings to complete the piece.
Tools and Materials Needed:
8/0 Matte S/L Flame Red Miyuki Seed Beads- 55 beads
8/0 Matte Tr Ruby Miyuki Seed Beads- 55 beads
8/0 S/L Lt Sapphire Miyuki Seed Beads- 1tube
English Beading Needles, Size 12, 4-Pack
Fireline Fine Crystal, 6 lb. Thread, 50 Yards, .008
Silver Plated 8mm Open Jump Rings, 25pc- 2pc
Silver Filled 6mm Jump Lock Rings, 10pc- 2pc
Silver Plate Flat Oval Chain By The Foot, 4x6mm- 18"
Silver Filled Trigger Clasp, 11mm- 1pc
Chain Nose Pliers- 2prs